TERMS & CONDITIONS
SUMMARY OF YOUR KEY LEGAL RIGHTS
This is a summary of some of your key legal rights in relation to these Terms and Conditions and the rights you have regarding the return of goods. These rights are subject to certain exceptions.
If you buy goods, from us, for example our shampoos, polishes, waxes or other products of this nature, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says our goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following from the date of your purchase:
- Up to 30 days after purchase: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
- Up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
See also clause 7.3 of Our Terms and Conditions (Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
The following words and phrases have the meanings below:
|A purchase Order issued by you to us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions for the purchase of Products as contained within this Website.
|A product displayed for sale on our Website.
|You, the customer
|Autoglym is the trading name of Altro Limited registered with company number 00154159 The registered office address is Works Road Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire SG6 1NW.
- These terms
- Our contract with you
- Our products
- Your right to make changes.
- Our right to make changes.
- Providing the products
- Your rights to end the contract.
- How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
- Our rights to end the contract.
- If there is a problem with the product
- Price and payment
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- How we may use your personal information
- Other important terms
1. THESE TERMS
1.1 These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods, services or digital content. Other Terms and Conditions may apply to the relationship between you and us, in particular the terms applicable to any website of ours which you are using or accessing (including our site terms set out above).
1.2 Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2. OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
2.1 Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
2.2 If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product, because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified or for any other reasonable reason.
2.3 Once you have placed an order, we will assign an order reference number to your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order reference number whenever you contact us about your order.
3. OUR PRODUCTS
3.1 Despite every effort to provide accurate image of each product’s colour and design, actual colours and design may vary slightly due to different device screen settings, slight differences in product finishes over time and other factors. The images of the products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Your product and the product packaging may vary slightly from those images.
4. YOUR RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES
4.1 If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible, we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 7- your rights to end the contract).
5. OUR RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES
5.1 We may change the product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not materially affect your use of the product or its intended use or function, and if it does, we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
6. PROVIDING THE PRODUCTS
6.1 The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website at the time of ordering and we make one delivery charge per order (regardless of the number of products which you purchase from us and the number of parcels we send to complete your order). Our delivery charge is charged on the first parcel we send.
6.2 We will deliver your products to you as soon as reasonably practicable (and our standard delivery service usually delivers within 1 to 2 working days of your order, depending on our friendly couriers and postal workers). We try to despatch orders the same day for orders which are received before 1 p.m. (Monday to Friday on working days). We will contact you with an estimated delivery date. Our estimated delivery date is not guaranteed and is only an estimate. Where an estimated delivery date changes and we become aware of this, we will still use reasonable endeavours to inform you of such a change.
6.3 If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. We will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
6.4 If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
6.5 If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 9.2 will apply.
6.6 You become responsible for a product from the time we or our delivery agent delivers the product to the address you gave us.
6.7 You own your product once we have received payment in full.
6.8 We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes.
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 5).
6.9 We only despatch products to addresses in the United Kingdom.
7. YOUR RIGHT TO END THE CONTRACT
7.1 You can always end your contract with us.
Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or mis-described you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 10;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 7.2;
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 7.3. you may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods;
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see clause 7.4.
7.2 Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do.
If You are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 60 days; or
- You have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
7.3 Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of any products which have been sealed, once these have been unsealed after you receive them. Where you have bought products from us, you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the products , unless your products are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the products.
7.4 Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind.
Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind (see clause 7.1), you can still end the contract before it is completed. A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered and paid for. If you want to end the contract in these circumstances, just contact us to let us know. We will refund any advance payment you have made for products which will not be provided to you.
8. HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US (INCLUDING IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR MIND)
8.1 Tell us if you want to end the contract.
To end the contract with us, please use our contact form at https://www.autoglym.com/contact or telephone Our customer service line on +44 1462 677 766, or contact your usual representative to discuss your return. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
8.2 Returning products after ending the contract.
If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them, post them back to us at the address we provide when you request to return the products to us. Please use our contact form at https://www.autoglym.com/contact or telephone our customer service line on +44 1462 677 766, or contact your usual representative to discuss your return. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
8.3 We will pay the costs of return if:
- the products are faulty or mis-described; or
- You are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong;
- In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs to return the products to us.
8.4 We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment where the product is faulty or mis-described or where it has been returned to us as it was delivered to you. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
8.5 If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 1-2 working days days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
8.6 We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind, then:
- If the products are goods your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 9.2.
9. OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
9.1 We may end the contract if you break it.
We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you.
9.2 You must compensate us if you break the contract.
If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 9.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
10. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT
10.1 How to tell us about problems.
If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. Please use our contact form at https://www.autoglym.com/contact or telephone our customer service line on +44 1462 677 766, or contact your usual representative to discuss your issue.
10.2 Your obligation to return rejected products.
If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must post them back to us. Please use our contact form at https://www.autoglym.com/contact or telephone our customer service line on +44 1462 677 766, or contact your usual representative to discuss the product return.
11. PRICE AND PAYMENT
11.1 The price of the Product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages of our website when you placed your order. We take reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 11.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
11.2 If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
11.3 It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. Where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any products provided to you.
11.4 We accept payment on our website through our payment processor who accepts most major credit and debit cards. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the products to you. Payments will appear on your statement as being made to Stripe.
11.5 If you think an invoice is wrong, please contact us promptly to let us know.
12. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
12.1 If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
12.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products as summarised at clause 10.2.
12.3 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
13. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
14. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
14.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this where an active order is currently in process if this transfer affects the delivery of the products to you. If you are unhappy with the transfer, you may contact us to end the contract within 7 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided.
14.2 You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
14.3 This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
14.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
14.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you, but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
14.6 These terms are governed by English law, and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.