Last Updated: 19 July 2022. Version 1.3
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY.
Online Terms and Conditions of Sale
Summary of Your key legal rights
This is a summary of some of Your key legal rights in relation to these Terms and Conditions and the rights You have regarding the return of goods. These rights are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call them on 03454 04 05 06.
If You buy goods, from Us, for example Our shampoos, polishes, waxes or other products of this nature, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says Our goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of Your product Your legal rights entitle You to the following from the date of Your purchase:
- a) Up to 30 days after purchase: if Your goods are faulty, then You can get an immediate refund.
- b) Up to six months: if Your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then You're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- c) Up to six years: if Your goods do not last a reasonable length of time You may be entitled to some money back.
See also clause 7.3 of Our Terms and Conditions (Exercising Your right to change Your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
- These terms
- Our contract with You
- Our products
- Your right to make changes
- Our right to make changes
- Providing the products
- Your rights to end the contract
- How to end the contract with Us (including if You have changed Your mind)
- Our rights to end the contract
- If there is a problem with the product
- Price and payment
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by You
- How We may use Your personal information
- Other important terms
1. These terms
1.1 These are the terms and conditions on which We supply products to You, whether these are goods, services or digital content. Other Terms and Conditions may apply to the relationship between You and Us, in particular the terms applicable to any website of Ours which You are using or accessing (including Our Site terms set out above).
1.2 Please read these terms carefully before You submit Your order to us. These terms tell You who We are, how We will provide products to You, how You and We may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If You think that there is a mistake in these terms or require any changes to be made, please contact Us to discuss this using the details in the Who we are and how to contact Us section above.
2. Our contract with You
2.1 Our acceptance of Your order will take place when We email You to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between You and Us.
2.2 If We are unable to accept Your order, We will inform You of this and will not charge You for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on Our resources which We could not reasonably plan for, because We have identified an error in the price or description of the product, because We are unable to meet a delivery deadline You have specified or for any other reasonable reason.
2.3 We will assign an order number to Your order and tell You what it is when We accept Your order. It will help Us if You can tell Us the order number whenever You contact Us about Your order.
2.4 Our Site is solely for the promotion of Our products in the UK and is governed by its own terms between Us and You.
3. Our products
3.1 Products may vary slightly from their pictures and the images of the products on Our Site are for illustrative purposes only. Although We have made every effort to display the colours accurately, We cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product and the product packaging may vary slightly from those images.
4. Your rights to make changes
4.1 If You wish to make a change to the product You have ordered please contact Us. We will let You know if the change is possible. If it is possible We will let You know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of Your requested change and ask You to confirm whether You wish to go ahead with the change. If We cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to You, You may want to end the contract (see clause 7- Your rights to end the contract).
5. Our rights to make changes
5.1 We may change the product:
- (a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- (b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not materially affect Your use of the product or its intended use or function, and if it does We will notify You when the order comes to be fulfilled.
You may contact Us to end the contract before any such changes outlined above take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
6. Providing the products
6.1 The costs of delivery will be as displayed to You on Our Site at the time of ordering and We make one delivery charge per order (regardless of the number of products which You purchase from Us and the number of parcels we send to complete your order). Our delivery charge is charged on the first parcel we send.
6.2 We will deliver Your products to You as soon as reasonably possible (and Our standard delivery service usually delivers within 1 to 2 working days of your order, depending on our friendly couriers and postal workers). We try to despatch orders the same day for order which are received before 1 p.m. (Monday to Friday on working days). We will contact You with an estimated delivery date. Our estimated delivery date is not guaranteed and is only an estimate. Where an estimated delivery date changes and We become aware of this, We still use reasonable endeavours to inform You of such a change.
6.3 If Our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside Our control then We will contact You as soon as possible to let You know and We will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided We do this We will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay You may contact Us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products You have paid for but not received.
6.4 If no one is available at Your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through Your letterbox, We will leave You a note informing You of how to [rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot].
6.5 If You do not collect the products from Us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to You, You do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot We will contact You for further instructions and may charge You for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite Our reasonable efforts, We are unable to contact You or re-arrange delivery or collection We may end the contract and clause 9.2 will apply.
6.6 You become responsible for a product which is goods from the time We or our delivery agent delivers the product to the address You gave Us.
6.7 You own Your product once We have received payment in full.
6.8 We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- (a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- (b) update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- (c) make changes to the product as requested by You or notified by Us to You (see clause 5).
If We suspend the supply of products, We will contact You in advance to tell You We will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
6.9 We only despatch products to addresses in the United Kingdom.
7. Your rights to end the contract
7.1 You can always end Your contract with Us.
Your rights when You end the contract will depend on what You have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how We are performing and when You decide to end the contract:
- (a) If what You have bought is faulty or mis-described You may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of Your money back), see clause 10;
- (b) If You want to end the contract because of something We have done or have told You We are going to do, see clause 7.2;
- (c) If You have just changed Your mind about the product, see clause 7.3. You may be able to get a refund if You are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and You will have to pay the costs of return of any goods;
- (d) In all other cases (if We are not at fault and there is no right to change Your mind), see clause 7.4].
7.2 Ending the contract because of something We have done or are going to do.
If You are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and We will refund You in full for any products which have not been provided and You may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- (a) we have told You about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which You do not agree to;
- (b) we have told You about an error in the price or description of the product You have ordered and You do not wish to proceed;
- (c) there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside Our control;
- (d) we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify You We are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 60 days; or
- (e) You have a legal right to end the contract because of something We have done wrong.
7.3 Exercising Your right to change Your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
For most products bought online You have a legal right to change Your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. You do not have a right to change Your mind in respect of any products which have been sealed, once these have been unsealed after You receive them. Where You have bought goods from Us, You have 14 days after the day You (or someone You nominate) receives the goods, unless Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case You have until 14 days after the day You (or someone You nominate) receives the last delivery to change Your mind about the goods.
7.4 Ending the contract where We are not at fault and there is no right to change Your mind.
Even if We are not at fault and You do not have a right to change Your mind (see clause 7.1), You can still end the contract before it is completed. A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered and paid for. If You want to end the contract in these circumstances, just contact Us to let Us know. We will refund any advance payment You have made for products which will not be provided to You.
8. How to end the contract with Us (including if You have changed Your mind)
8.1 Tell Us You want to end the contract.
To end the contract with Us, Please use our contact form at https://www.autoglym.com/get-in-touch or telephone Our customer service line on +44 1462 677 766, or contact Your usual representative to discuss Your return. Please provide Your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, Your phone number and email address.
8.2 Returning products after ending the contract.
If You end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to You or You have received them, You must return them to Us. You must either return the goods in person to where You bought them, post them back to Us at the address we provide when You request to return the products to Us. Please use our contact form at https://www.autoglym.com/get-in-touch or telephone Our customer service line on +44 1462 677 766, or contact Your usual representative to discuss Your return. If You are exercising Your right to change Your mind You must send off the goods within 14 days of telling Us You wish to end the contract.
8.3 We will pay the costs of return if:
- (a) the products are faulty or mis-described; or
- (b) You are ending the contract because We have told You of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside Our control or because You have a legal right to do so as a result of something We have done wrong;
- In all other circumstances (including where You are exercising Your right to change Your mind) You must pay the costs to return the goods or products to Us.
8.4 We will refund You the price You paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method You used for payment where the product is fault or mis-described or where it has been returned to Us as it was delivered to You. However, We may make deductions from the price, as described below.
8.5 If You are exercising Your right to change Your mind:
- (a) We may reduce Your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products, if this has been caused by Your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If We refund You the price paid before We are able to inspect the products and later discover You have handled them in an unacceptable way, You must pay Us an appropriate amount.
- (b) The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method We offer. For example, if We offer delivery of a product within [1-2 working days] days at one cost but You choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then We will only refund what You would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- (c) Where the product is a service, We may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when You told Us You had changed Your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
8.6 We will make any refunds due to You as soon as possible. If You are exercising Your right to change Your mind then:
- (a) If the products are goods Your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which We receive the product back from You. For information about how to return a product to Us, see clause 9.2.
- (b) In all other cases, Your refund will be made within 14 days of Your telling Us You have changed Your mind
9. Our rights to end the contract
9.1 We may end the contract if You break it.
We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to You if:
- (a) You do not make any payment to Us when it is due and You still do not make payment within 7 days of Us reminding You that payment is due; or
- (b) You do not, within a reasonable time, allow Us to deliver the products to You.
9.2 You must compensate Us if You break the contract.
If We end the contract in the situations set out in clause 9.1 We will refund any money You have paid in advance for products We have not provided but We may deduct or charge reasonable compensation for the net costs We will incur as a result of Your breaking the contract.
10. If there is a problem with the product
10.1 How to tell Us about problems.
If You have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact Us. Please use our contact form at https://www.autoglym.com/get-in-touch or telephone Our customer service line on +44 1462 677 766, or contact Your usual representative to discuss Your issue.
10.2 Summary of Your legal rights.
We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. Please see the box at the top of these Terms and Conditions for Goods and Services for a summary of Your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect Your legal rights.
10.3 Your obligation to return rejected products.
If You wish to exercise Your legal rights to reject products You must post them back to Us. Please use our contact form at https://www.autoglym.com/get-in-touch or telephone Our customer service line on +44 1462 677 766, or contact Your usual representative to discuss the product return.
11. Price and payment
11.1 The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages of Our Site when You placed Your order. Try as we might, there may be occasions where a product on Our Site is mispriced. We take reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to You is correct. However please see clause 11.3 for what happens if We discover an error in the price of the product You order.
11.2 If the rate of VAT changes between Your order date and the date We supply the product, We will adjust the rate of VAT that You pay, unless You have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
11.3 It is always possible that, despite trying Our best, some of the products We sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting Your order so that, where the product's correct price at Your order date is less than Our stated price at Your order date, We will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at Your order date is higher than the price stated to You, We will contact You for Your instructions before We accept Your order. If We accept and process Your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by You as a mispricing, We may end the contract, refund You any sums You have paid and require the return of any goods provided to You.
11.4 We accept payment on Our Site through our payment processor who accept most major credit and debit cards. For goods, You must pay for the products before We dispatch them. We will not charge Your credit or debit card until We dispatch the products to You. Payments will appear on your statement as being made to 'Grand Prix Legends'.
11.5 If You think an invoice is wrong please contact Us promptly to let Us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved We will charge You interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
12. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by You
12.1 If We fail to comply with these terms, We are responsible for loss or damage You suffer that is a foreseeable result of Our breaking this contract or Our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both We and You knew it might happen, for example, if You discussed it with Us during the sales process.
12.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability to You where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or the negligence of Our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of Your legal rights in relation to the products as summarised at clause 10.2.
12.3 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If You use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose We will have no liability to You for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
13. How We may use Your personal information
14. Other important terms
14.1 We may transfer Our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact You to let You know if We plan to do this where an active order is currently in process if this transfer affects the delivery of the products to You. If You are unhappy with the transfer You may contact Us to end the contract within  of Us telling You about it and We will refund You any payments You have made in advance for products not provided.
14.2 You need Our consent to transfer Your rights to someone else (except that You can always transfer Our guarantee). You may only transfer Your rights or Your obligations under these terms to another person if We agree to this in writing.
14.3 This contract is between You and Us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of Us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
14.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
14.5 Even if We delay in enforcing this contract, We can still enforce it later. If We do not insist immediately that You do anything You are required to do under these terms, or if We delay in taking steps against You in respect of Your breaking this contract, that will not mean that You do not have to do those things and it will not prevent Us taking steps against You at a later date. For example, if You miss a payment and We do not chase You but We continue to provide the products, We can still require You to make the payment at a later date.
14.6 These terms are governed by English law and You can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If You live in Scotland You can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If You live in Northern Ireland You can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
WHAT'S IN THESE TERMS?
When You access and use our autoglym.com website or download our Autoglym App (Our "Site"), these terms tell You the rules for using Our Site, so please read them carefully. If you buy any products from Our Site, the Terms and Conditions below will also apply.
- Who We are and how to contact us.
- By using Our Site You accept these terms.
- How We collect and use information about you.
- If You choose to buy something from Us
- We may make changes to Our Site
- We may suspend or withdraw Our Site
- Our Site is only for users in the UK
- You must keep your account details safe
- How You may use material on Our Site
- Information on this Site
- We are not responsible for websites We link to
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by You through your use of Our Site
- We are not responsible for viruses and You must not introduce them
- Rules about linking to Our Site
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- Best Car Clean Competition
1. WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
1.1 Our Site is operated by 'Autoglym' a brand of Altro Limited ("We", "Us", "Our"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 00154159 and Our registered office is at Works Road, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 1NW.Our VAT number is 213228308. When we refer to "You", We mean the person who accesses or use Our Site or buys products from Our Site.
1.3 If We have to contact You We will do so by telephone or by writing to You at the email address or postal address You provided to Us in Your order.
1.4 When We use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
2. BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS.
2.1 By using Our Site, You confirm that You accept these terms and that You agree to comply with them. This is important as it creates a contract between Us and You which You must comply with.
2.2 If You do not agree to these terms, please don't use Our Site.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
3.2 We will change these terms in the future. Every time You use Our Site, please check these terms to ensure You understand the terms that apply at that time. You can check the date on which Our terms were last updated using the date and version number shown at the top of the terms. By using Our Site after a change has been made to Our terms, this will demonstrate your acceptance of Our updated terms.
4. IF YOU CHOOSE TO BUY SOMETHING FROM US
4.1 If You choose to buy something from Our Site, Our Online Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to the things that You buy from Us. You can find a copy of these above.
5. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR SITE
5.1 Our Site is dynamic and will change over time as Our business and products change and our customers' requirements change. We will update and change Our Site in the future to reflect changes to Our products, Our users' needs and Our business priorities or to provide additional information or to change the services and functions which Our Site can perform.
6. WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SITE
6.1 Our Site is made available free of charge.
6.2 We do not guarantee that Our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted and Our Site may not be available due to business, operational and security reasons.
6.3 You are responsible for ensuring that anybody who accesses Our Site through your internet connection or using your device are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
7. OUR SITE IS ONLY FOR USERS IN THE UK
7.1 Our Site is directed to users located in the United Kingdom. We do not recommend that content available on or through Our Site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
8. YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
8.1 We will provide access to some parts of the Site using a username and password system:
8.2 You must keep your username and password confidential and tell us immediately if you think it has been lost, stolen or copied without your permission.
8.3 If you log into Our Site using Your user name and password, You mustn't leave it unattended. Please ensure You securely log-out of Our Site when you have finished any session which uses Your user name and password.
8.4 If We consider that Your account is being used without Your permission, We will disable access to Our Site – please contact Us using the details in Section 1.2 above if You cannot access Our Site.
9. HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
9.1 We either own or are permitted to use the materials on Our Site (including any intellectual property rights which may protect Our Site including the software code, text or image displayed on Our Site).
9.2 You may print off copies and You may download extracts of any page(s) from Our Site for your own personal use. Because Our Site contains materials which contain Our intellectual property rights or those of others who permit Us to use their materials, there are certain restrictions which You must comply with when using Our Site – You must not:
- (a) change the paper or digital copies of any materials You have printed off or downloaded, and You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- (b) use any of the content on Our Site for commercial purposes without our written permission.
- (c) disrupt the operation of Our Site or access to it, or stop or make it difficult for any other person to access or use Our Site.
- (d) use any robot, spider, search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, "scrape", "data mine", or in any other way gather content or information from or reproduce Our Site or the content of Our Site or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of Our Site.
- (e) remove or hide or change any copyright, trade mark (whether registered or unregistered) or other proprietary rights notices from Our Site or the materials available from it.
10. INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
10.1 Our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which You should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or deciding not to take, any action on the basis of the information on Our Site. If You would like to discuss any of the information on Our Site, please contact Us by using our contact form at https://www.autoglym.com/get-in-touch or calling Our customer service line on +44 1462 677 766, or by contacting your usual representative and We would be happy to discuss any questions with You.
10.2 We try to ensure that the information on Our Site is current and accurate, but We don't guarantee this.
11. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
11.1 Where Our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by other organisations, these links are provided for your information only. Just because We provide these links doesn't mean we approve or endorse the other websites that they link to. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. Other sites will also have their own terms (including any other site of Ours which You may link to from this Site) – it is important that You check the terms of those other sites to ensure that You are happy to accept them before using them.
12. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR SITE
12.1 Whether You are a consumer or a business user:
- (a) We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability to You where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or the negligence of Our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- (b) Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any other product or services by Us to You, the terms of which will be set out in a separate agreement between Us and You (including our Terms and Conditions below, where You buy things from Our Site).
- (c) You also acknowledge and agree that the operation of Our Site is dependent upon the internet and telephone networks working properly, and that We do not guarantee and will not be liable for these in any way
12.2 If You are a business user:
- (a) You understand and accept that Our Site is made available free of charge and is, in parts, for information only. As such, We limit and exclude Our liability to You as follows:
- (A) use of, or inability to use, Our Site; or
- (B) use of or reliance on any content displayed on Our Site.
- (A) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- (B) business interruption;
- (C) loss of anticipated savings;
- (D) any loss of or damage to data;
- (E) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- (F) any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- (i) We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to Our Site or any content on it.
- (ii) We will not be liable to You for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- (iii) In particular, We will not be liable for:
- (b) In the event that We are liable to You, Our liability will not exceed £100 per event up to a maximum liability of £500 in aggregate.
12.3 If You are a consumer using Our Site, We will be responsible for any damage which You suffer if We don't do what We say We will do in these Terms or We don't comply with law.
13. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
13.1 We do not guarantee that Our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
13.2 You are responsible for configuring your computers, laptops, smartphones and any other devicesto access Our Site and We would recommend that You use your own virus protection software.
13.3 You must not misuse Our Site by introducing any harmful code to Our Site which is designed to damage Our Site or which will result in damage to Our Site (this includes viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful). You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our Site. You must not attack Our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. If You do any of these things, You will commit a criminal offence. We will report any of thes things to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing any details which We have to them (which may include Your identity, contact details and information about any devices used for this purpose). If You do any of these things, We will stop Your access to Our Site.
14. RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR SITE
14.1 You may link to Our Site's home page, as long as is fair and legal and does not damage Our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not link to any subpages of any password protected area of Our Site or make any direct links to files on Our Site which are made available to You.
14.2 You must not:
- (a) establish a link which suggests any association, approval or endorsement on Our part unless We have given You written permission.
- (b) insert those links on any other website which contains any content which is illegal, infringes any rights, such as the intellectual property rights of another person or contains any adult content.
- (c) establish a link or deep-link to Our Site in any other website that is not owned by You.
- (d) frame Our Site on any other site or create a link to any part of Our Site other than the home page.
14.3 We can cancel any linking permission at any time and object to any such links and require You to remove them.
14.4 If You wish to link to or make any use of content on Our Site other than that set out above, please contact us using Our contact form at https://www.autoglym.com/get-in-touch
15. WHICH COUNTRY'S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
15.1 If You are a consumer, please note that these terms and Our relationship with You are governed by English law. You and We both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if You are a resident of Northern Ireland You may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if You are resident of Scotland, You may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
15.2 If You are a business, these terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. You agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and that We may bring proceedings against You in any court anywhere in the world, particularly in circumstances where Our intellectual property rights are infringed or Your actions result in Us seeking emergency relief such as an injunction.
16. AUTOGLYM BEST CAR CLEAN COMPETITION
The competition for the best car clean using Autoglym products will launch at midday on Thursday 21st July 2022 and close at midday on Wednesday 27th July 2022. Any entries received after the closing time and date will not be considered.
The winning entry will be announced at 13:00 on Thursday 28th July 2022 by a live post on the Autoglym UK Instagram and Facebook channels.
The competition is open to UK mainland residents only (i.e., excludes residents of Northern Ireland).
All participants must be 18 or over.
You must be the registered owner of the car in the photograph(s) and you must use Autoglym products to clean your car. Please include pictures of the Autoglym products used in your “after” photos. For security and data protection reasons, please ensure you obscure the numberplate of your car and any other identifying features such as street or house names/numbers to avoid any potential for ID theft, fraud etc.
To qualify for entry, each participant must do all of the following:
- Tag @AutoglymUK in, or directly message, @AutoglymUK a before-and-after clean picture(s) of your car.
- Like the social media post announcing the competition (either on Facebook or Instagram).
- Follow @AutoglymUK (either on Facebook or Instagram).
- Tag a friend in the comment section on Facebook or Instagram.
- The winner of the competition will be the participant who, in the sole opinion of Autoglym, has submitted the best before-and-after photo(s) and complied with 6a-d above.
Only one entry per person will be accepted and only one winner will be announced. Multiple entries will not be considered.
One winner will be selected by a non-biased Autoglym panel and the winner will be communicated with via a private message. Once the winner has responded to the private message, a post announcing the winner will go live on the Autoglym UK Instagram and Facebook channels.
If the winner fails to reply within 72 hours of the message, a new winner will be selected by the same process.
The prize consists of
- £150 of your choice of Autoglym car-cleaning products; and
- Two adult entry tickets to an event of the winner’s choice* at Santa Pod Raceway
- The tickets will be available to collect at the Santa Pod ticket office on the date requested by the winner. Please note that you may be required to provide ID to collect the tickets.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for an alternative prize or cash.
- please note the tickets are not valid for entry to the Mimms Honda Day, Monster Truck Nationals or the GTI Festival
Acceptance of the prize constitutes
- permission for Autoglym to use the winner’s name, account handle and likeness, the winning entry and other associated material and/or content (e.g., photographs of the winner at Santa Pod) to be:
- included in the Autoglym social post announcing the winner on the AutoglymUK Instagram and Facebook channels and/or
- shared on Autoglym’s social media channels and website and/or for promotional purposes
- without further compensation; and
- the winner granting Autoglym a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and associated materials.
Participants cannot enter on behalf of another individual. Use of
- a false name, or
- a false email or
- an online user profile that is not linked to a participant as a real individual, or an online user profile which has been set up for the purpose of competition entry
- are not permitted and any such entries may be disqualified.
By entering this competition, participants hereby warrant that the material they submit for the competition showcases their own car, will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, religiously provocative, harassing, threatening or contain expressions of hatred in relation to colour, race, disability, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, gender reassignment, or sexual orientation. Autoglym reserves the right, where relevant, (but is not obliged) to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by participants and to edit or remove the same.
The competition is not open to employees of Autoglym, Altro Limited, Prohibition PR, their immediate household or family members or anyone directly related to the competition, including third party suppliers.
Autoglym reserves the right to withdraw this competition at any time or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice, for whatever reason, and without liability for doing so. Autoglym accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
You are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry to the competition. Autoglym reserves the right to refuse entry, disqualify, or refuse to award the prize to you, if Autoglym has reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these terms and conditions. In all matters, the decision of Autoglym shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
The promoter and provider of the prize is Altro Limited (“Altro”) t/a Autoglym of Works Road, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire SG6 1NW. Altro, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising/promotion agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this competition or the prize awarded. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to Altro to use the winner’s name and likeness, the photos and all details as submitted for promotional and other purposes without further compensation.
By entering this competition, all participants give consent to receive communication from Autoglym and/or Prohibition PR about the competition and, where relevant, prize delivery to the winning participant.
The competition is governed by English law and participants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
INFORMATION ABOUT AUTOGLYM RESEARCH PROJECTS
Autoglym’s Technical Team is always keen to hear from people who are happy to share their experiences in car care. You can help us learn more about the types of products you may need by sharing those experiences and how you might deal with any problems. Your feedback helps us with the design and development of new products and services and improving existing ones.
Contacting you for research purposes
If you agree to us contacting you for research purposes, we will email you with more details when new projects arrive.
We will use your contact details to send you survey invitations by email. When participating in our surveys, you may be asked about your views, opinions, behaviours, and demographics.
You may also be invited to take part in further research, such as interviews, visits to observe how you deal with a car care problem, focus groups, and product testing. These may be at your home or at a venue in your local area. In these cases, we may request additional details so that we can arrange these at a suitable time. Contact with you may be by email, phone, SMS, or post.
How we handle personal information
Participation is restricted to UK residents aged 18 or over. Participation in certain studies may be further restricted based on geographic location.
When participating in studies conducted by us, you are required to observe the following rules:
- All surveys should be completed truthfully and honestly.
- Surveys should only be completed by the individual to whom they are addressed.
- The content of surveys should not be publicised or shared in any media without prior written permission from us.
You agree that you will keep all content and materials disclosed to you confidential. You agree not to disclose content to any third party or use the information for any purpose other than participating in the research.
From time to time, we may offer incentives as a thank you for taking part in our research. These incentives vary between projects and may be in the form of Autoglym products or high street vouchers to a specified value. A prize draw may be conducted in lieu of individual incentives. You will be told what the incentive for any given project is before you take part. In some cases, no incentive will be available for completion of a particular survey.
Your participation in our research is voluntary and you are welcome to participate as much or as little as you like. You can stop or withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us at email@example.com if you no longer wish to participate in our research.